Applications may be picked up between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Monday and Wednesday, and between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM (Noon) on Friday, or will be mailed upon request. Please call (260) 485-5993 for more information.
- Pick up or call for an "application packet." The initial application is quite long and must be filled out in it's entirety.
- Collect ALL of the items on the blue "Requirements for Help." This applies to every single adult in the household.
- Bring the completed application and "Requirements for Help" items to the Township Assistance office and sign in with the receptionist. You must sign in with these items by 12:30 PM on Monday, Wednesday and 11:30 PM on Friday to be seen that day.
- Prepare for a lengthy wait in the lobby. We do our best to conduct interviews in a timely manner and will get to your application as soon as possible. While you wait, make sure all of your paperwork is present and well organized.
- Your name will be called for the interview. For identification purposes your picture will be taken at the initial interview.
- The investigator will explain how Township Assistance works.
- Your application will be reviewed with you. The investigator will collect the items from the "Requirements for Help" list. These items will be copied and given back immediately.
- At this point you will either be assisted or your case will be pended. It is likely that your case will be pended for additional information or review.
- If pended, the investigator will give you a list of items still needed and indicate which days to return.
- By law, the investigator has 72 hours to make a decision. It is your responsibility to return when indicated with the requested items.
- Upon your return, you will sign in again with the receptionist and wait to be called.
- Requested items will be collected and a decision will be made.