Information on Assistance

The trustee can assit eligible clients, with a portion of the rent/mortgage (current month), in emergency circumstances. The shleter must be safe and not already in foreclosure. There are documents that must be completed by a landlord or mortgage company, before assistance can be issued.  The Trustee pays according to Schedule I in the  Guidelines. St. Joseph Township does not own any apartments nor do we find housing for you.  Housing options may be available through Fort Wayne Housing Authority. If you are homeless an in need of immediate shelter, please call, 211.