Utilities Assistance

In case of necessity, the trustee will assist eligible clients with essential utility services (electric, gas, and/or water). The utility must be in the name of an ADULT household member. The township does not pay deposits, connect fees, or trip charges. Township guidelines are available on this website. 

During the months of November - May, clients must apply for the Energy Assistance program at Brightpoint (formerly known as CANI)



Utilities are the responsibility of the client and should be paid every single month. If you have used a company's service, you must pay them for that service. If assistance is needed, please remember, the application process is the same, regardless of when your disconnect date is. Do not wait until your day of disconnect to apply for township assistance. Many times, a utility company is willing to make payment arrangements for you. Please call the utility company directly to request this.